2017 - 2018 CLASS SCHEDULE
SANTE MARIA CLUB- ( 214 Lawyers Road, Vienna , Virginia 22180 )
MONDAY. 230-430. Private lessons * advanced scheduling required 120 minutes
MONDAY 430-600. Novice/Prizewinner/ Preliminary Championship 14 & under. 90 minutes
MONDAY 600-730. Ceili Teams 90 minutes
MONDAY 730-930. OPEN Champ/ PRELIM 15 & OVER 120 minutes
WEDNESDAY 430-530 Beginner 1 & Advanced Beginner 60 Minutes
WEDNESDAY 530-700. Novice/Prizewinner/Prelim 14 & under 90 Minutes
WEDNESDAY. 700-830. Open Champ/Prelim 15 & over. 90 minutes
MARYLAND HALL CREATIVE ARTS CENTER- ( 801 Chase Street, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401 )
THURSDAY 400-500. Beginner 60 Minutes
THURSDAY. 500-730. Advanced Beginner/Novice/PW. 90 Minutes
THURSDAY. 730-930. Open/Prelim Champ 120 Minutes
Westmoreland Community Center /Little House
(5315 Elliott Street, Bethesda, Maryland )
TUESDAY 500-600. Beginner/Advanced Beginner. 60 minutes
THOMAS PYLE MIDDLE SCHOOL ( Wilson Lane, BETHESDA, MARYLAND )
TUESDAY 630-800pm Novice, PW, Championship
2017-18 Class information is available.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Click Below to register for classes for 2017-2018.
Irish dance classes are available for beginner through championship levels in multiple locations including Vienna, Virginia; Bethesda, Maryland; and Annapolis, Maryland. Please contact Bill Maple to find out how to get started with the Maple Academy of Irish Dance.
Please fill out the online registration form and mail tuition payment prior to the start of classes. Dancers will not be allowed to begin class without registration and payment. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
The Maple Academy accepts transfer students. If you are relocating to the greater Washington D.C. area and are interested in continuing Irish dance instruction, please contact us to set up an appointment to meet with Bill Maple before beginning any class. Student placement will be determined according to dancing ability and/or competition level. To schedule a meeting please contact Bill Maple.
- Attire: Dancers should wear a T-shirt and shorts (no pants) to class. It is preferred that knees be visible and that white socks and Irish dancing shoes be worn. Black ballet slippers for girls and Capezio jazz shoes for boys are acceptable until Irish dance shoes can be purchased. (The Maple Booster Club has a used shoe sale.) All shoes should be double knotted and hair secured neatly off the face. Please bring a water bottle to class. Other drinks (soda, sport drinks etc) are not allowed in the dance studios.
- Cell Phones: There is a "no cell phone" policy in effect for all dance classes.
- There is no gum chewing during classes, rehearsals, and performances.
- Students should arrive on time, dressed, and prepared for dance class. Parents should escort younger children to and from their rides.
- Vienna location: please only use the upstairs door to enter and exit the building. Parents and dancers are not permitted to wait downstairs during or between classes in the Vienna location. Do not park in the driveway or behind the building at any time. Street parking is available and limited, but the post office is available for drop off and pick up. Do not park across the street as you may be towed.
- Your dancer's teachers are dedicated to providing instruction for many dancers- please refrain from engaging them in discussions between classes as it affects the class transitions. Email is preferred if you have questions or concerns.
Inclement Weather Cancellation Policy:
All locations follow the local school system for class cancellations due to weather. In addition to email notifications, you can find class cancellation information on the News & Updates page.
Bethesda (Pyle School) Follows Montgomery County
Annapolis( Maryland Hall) Follows Anne Arundel County
Vienna (Knights of Columbus/Santa Maria Club) Follows Fairfax County